Thursday, December 8, 2011

Feliz Cumpleaños Bryon

Feliz Cumpleaños Bryon!!
Today, we went back to CIPI to visit with some precious babies :) Today was Bryon's 1st birthday. Merany, Lilly and I brought him a new outfit, shoes, a toy and a pinata. Bryon is the son of one of the teen moms, Jami. Jami is a sweet, beautiful girl! Most of these teen moms are not pregnant because of a bad choice, but rather abuse. Some of these girls have carried the babies of their fathers or other family members. I am only telling you this part because I know how easy it is to judge the young moms. I honestly had the same thoughts when I walked into the teen mom room. It wasn't until after the girls started sharing their story that I realized how judgemental I had originally been.
The newest and smallest member of the teen mom room. She is 1 month old and about 3 or 4 pounds! She was so tiny!!!
We enjoyed our time in the teen mom room. We just chilled with them. Hung out and casually talked. I think we all had a good time.
haha...love the picture but we were about to get caught ....hence the eyes :)


Sweet Mabeline
As always, we spent a lot of time in the special needs area. We brought them lots of diapers and pajamas. The Tias asked Merany to bring those items the last time she was here so she bought some and had some donated to bring with her this time. They were very grateful. We spent the next 3 hrs playing, listening to music, laughing, swinging, walking and just having a good time with some very special children. I think they really enjoyed today.


Fernando dancing

When we were listening to music I would put my phone on and then put it in pocket of my backpack, so it wouldn't be a temptation for the children. Fernando loved dancing to the music. Marvin loved it as well. He wanted his head on the backpack. I could not tell if he liked the vibrations or if he just wanted to be able to hear it better. I do know that he enjoyed it. He would just relax his tense body and listen to the music and occasionally give me a little smile.

I absolutely LOVE this picture :)



After listening to music for a while, Merany decided we should take some of them on a walk. On our walk we passed the play area. There are some swings, a slide and some play houses. The boys LOVED the swings. Muchado and Nelson spent the entire time in the swing...just a laughing and swinging. We put Marvin in for just a few minutes, but he isn't strong enough to hold himself at all, so we spent the rest of our time looking at the sky and watching the other boys. I think he enjoyed that :)
Fernando was still mischievious, but he did not try to hit anyone today! That is a huge deal for Fernando! I was very proud of him! He was very "helpful" as well! He swept and mopped for the Tias :) When it was time for us to leave he kept grabbing and pulling us back in the gate to stay with him. I hated seeing that! He has some built up anger, but I really think he understood how much we love him today!


We ended the night at the mission house working on a 15ft Christmas tree. Let me just tell you, I will NEVER have a 15ft Christmas tree! I love Christmas and all the decorations, but WOW that is a lot of tree!
It does not feel like it should be Christmas time. Merany and I have worn t shirts and shorts all week! We could not get into the Christmas spirit tonight so we decided to turn on some Christmas music and we got quite a bit accomplished!



No comments:

Post a Comment