Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Well, day 3 has come and gone! I must say today was another great day...and I got a marriage proposal...by a 13 year year old :)

Today we went to CISNA, and all boys home. It was so much fun! The boys saw Merany in the taxi as we were driving up and they hopped on the car and were yelling to her! It was such a sweet site to see! When we got there they instantly started handing out hugs! They were the most affectionate teenage boys I have ever met!

We spent our day together playing games such as soccer on the play station, pool, foosball, soccer outside....they tried to teach me some moves lol...and hanging out and talking with them. My most memorable moment of the day was right after the boys had lunch. They were slowly making their way from the 'cafeteria' and joining Merany, Lilly and myself on the stairs of the outdoor play area. We sat and talked, goofed off, cut up and had a good time with the boys. They were in our laps and had their arms around us, just seeking our full attention. We sat there for a good, long time and I just couldn't help but think of what they would be doing if we were not there with them today. I cannot fathom not having a family that loves and cares for me the way that my family does. These boys are in this place all day long, everyday. They go to school there, eat there, play there and sleep there. I realize it is a MUCH better place than on the streets or in abusive home, etc but I still cannot imagine living there. On another note, they are growing up with a lot of brothers and my prayers is that they will find true friendships in each other and great comfort in our Heavenly Father!

CISNA is even stricter than CIPI so I only managed to sneak one picture.

This is Diego. He is Hilary Norrid's little buddy at CISNA. I spent a lot of time with him today. While we were on the stairs, after lunch, he told Lilly (translator) to tell me that he wished he were a gringo so he could marry me. He was a sweet, sweet boy!!!

When we left CISNA today, it was a bit heart breaking. The boys clung to us and asked us to stay. They walked all the way to the taxi asking us when we would be coming back to see them. It really has me upset to know that they may not get the love and attention we showed them today until we go back next week!

Cherish your family and friends! We take for granted how lucky we are to have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment